Pipe Integrity Products
For over fifty years, Rice Engineering and Operating Ltd. has worked with leading companies across Canada in a variety of industries to build a well-earned reputation as a trusted ally that they can count on to help keep their businesses moving.
Rice Pipe Integrity Products, a division of Rice Engineering and Operating Ltd., is a manufacturer and distributor of the following technologies:
- downhole tubular corrosion protection technologies
- process piping repair, hot tap and line stop fittings
- automated pigging technologies
- custom manufactured extruded headers and manifolds
- long path insulating nipples
DOWNHOLE TUBULAR CORROSION PROTECTION PRODUCTS
Rice works with leading oil and gas companies to help protect their downhole tubing from costly potential failures in both everyday and extreme environments.
As the Authorized Licensee of Duoline® Technologies’ Corrosion Resistant Lining Systems in Canada, we provide corrosion protection technologies with superior performance particularly in the following applications:
- Sour water injection wells containing CO2 and H2S
- Oil and gas producing wells with acid gases such as CO2 and H2S
- Brine (salt water) injection wells
- Water/chemical injection wells
- Fresh water injection wells
By offering some of the most durable, long lasting and abrasive-resistant corrosion protection on the market today, you can count on Rice and Duoline® Technologies to keep your assets operating.
PROCESS PIPING SYTEM PRODUCTS
Rice Pipe Integrity Products works with leading oil and gas companies to supply process piping system products including:
- hot tap and line stop fittings
- saddles, sleeves and connectors for pipeline construction and repair
- horizontal automated pigging systems
- custom manufactured headers and manifolds
By partnering with the two industry leading manufacturing companies, Plidco – The Pipe Line Development Company and WeldFit Energy Group, we are uniquely able to provide our customers with rapid and dependable delivery of these critical pieces of equipment in order to minimize costly shutdowns and assure worker safety.
Plidco is THE world market leader in the manufacture of high pressure pipeline repair, maintenance and connector fittings.
The company specializes in a bolt-on design for use in weld-hazardous or weld-difficult areas.
Rice has supplied thousands of these reliable and proven fittings for installation in Canada over the past fifty years.
WeldFit is a leading manufacturer of pipeline equipment including hot tap and line stop fittings, construction and repair products including saddles and sleeves, horizontal automated pigging systems along with custom manufactured headers and manifolds.
The company specializes in the use of extruded connections instead of welded branch connections in their piping equipment.
The advantages of a WeldFit extruded design include:
- do not have to be radiographically inspected
- reduced stress risers (weak spots where cracks can begin to appear)
- easy to inspect
- capable of withstanding greater external loading
- elimination of the need for external reinforcement
We also offer Robar Industries Ltd. leading line-up of fabricated couplings and adapters, service outlet saddles, tapping sleeves and expansion joints for the industrial and mining industries.
RICE LONG PATH INSULATING NIPPLES
Rice long path insulating nipples are used to isolate sections of a pipeline to improve the effectiveness of cathodic protection systems.
These long path insulating nipples provide unique current control by separating pipework into distinct zones and effectively eliminating long-line currents.
Optimum cathodic protection can be achieved for each section of pipeline while maximizing savings and minimizing costs.
Rice long path insulating nipples have become an industry standard over the past 35 years based on their proven performance, rugged construction and ease of installation.